Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday

Well, the mighty hunter has struck again. He shot a deer with his crossbow last night, and by the time he found it, skinned it, quartered it and brought it home, it was almost 2am. This is the first deer he has shot with his bow and actually recovered. He was thrilled, to say the least. We're all ready for some corned venison- like corned beef, but, in my opinion, better.


So we got off to a slow start this morning after such a late night. Even Ben slept in till after 9, a rarity for him. I ran up to the MOPS consignment sale since today was the 1/2 price day. I found some great deals on warmer clothes for Ben and Sam and a beautiful dress for Ellie. I went in, found what I was looking for, all within 15 minutes, and then waited about 20 minutes in line. Frustrating since I still had a lot to do today.


After the MOPS sale I ran to Michaels to pick up some mounting boards for some photos I planned on entering into the fair. I looked all over that store for what I needed, but couldn't find it. Finally I asked the lady at the framing counter and she got what I needed and even cut it to size for me. Here again I waited in line for what seemed a very long time, trying not to be frustrated.


Then it was home where I mounted the pictures, which went easier than I thought it would. Paul then drove me to the fairgrounds so I could drop the pictures off. I have always wanted to do this, but either I didn't know how or I found out the information too late. This year I was determined to do it, and I did. I entered 4 pictures. I don't expect to win anything- you should have seen some of the photos already there! And I found out I could have entered up to 20 photos. Then I second guessed my choice of pics all the way home. But, I am glad I entered- you have to start somewhere I guess.


Tonight we went over some friends home to meet some dear friends of their's. There was a houseful, but it was very nice and some of the people had brought guitars and we had an impromptu concert and worship service.


Tomorrow is church again. Where did this week go? September is almost gone- although you wouldn't know it from the weather we've been having. The humidity has been so high it reminds me very much of living in Florida.
Ben found an old pacifier this morning and decided he would try it out. Other than the fact that he has it in upside down, he rather enjoyed it.

We quickly put it away before he decides he's a pacifier baby! Now if it was only that easy to break Sam of sucking his thumb!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't take the thumb and tuck it away. Don't worry Sherry sucked her thumb and had nice straight teeth and your hubby never did and had bucked teeth that cost us mucho money to straighten.