Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday

It's a quiet Monday around here. Paul surprised the kids and took them to the fair. They were so excited to go, especially Samuel who really had no idea where he was going. He kept saying he was going to the "barn" to see the animals. I am not a fair person, and really do not enjoy going. I've gone before, for the kids, but I knew I would not make it walking that much. The baby is bothering my sciatic nerve, and at times, each step is painful. So, I get to spend a quiet day by myself. Too bad. NOT!

This past week was unusual. First, my dad "dropped" in for lunch on Wednesday. My parents live 17 hours away, and cannot just drop in for lunch. He was attending a conference an hour or two away and drove down to see us and take us to lunch. It was so nice seeing him and visiting with him. Sam calls him "Pastor" and we have no idea why. The funny thing is that he is a pastor, but no one here calls him that. He talked and talked about pastor and then when he saw my dad he wouldn't talk to him. The minute we got in the van after lunch, he started talking and talking about pastor and eating lunch. He also wanted to know, several times, where Grandma was.

Then on Friday night, my brother, who was attending the same conference as my dad, and I met halfway for dinner. Another unusual occurrence as he lives about 7 hours away. It was a nice visit, and I enjoyed getting to see him and talk with him.

It almost seems as if someone flipped a switch on the baby, because for the last few days I have felt so much movement. It is a joy to feel the baby move, because it reassures me that everything is alright. We will hopefully find out the gender at the u/s on the 18th. I can't wait!

Have a nice day.

No comments: