Thursday, August 23, 2007

Another big surprise......

Our family is growing.....by 2 feet!!

Yes, you are right, we are expecting baby number 6 the end of Februrary- February 29th to be exact!!

The entire family is thrilled, and anxiously awaiting the new member. We are about half and half about wanting a boy or girl- my preference is a boy, so Samuel will have someone close to his age to play with. But, I will be thrilled with a girl also.

I am 13 weeks along, and hoping to be over the morning sickness time very soon. I haven't had it too bad, but this is a long time to be feeling like you are going to throw up all the time. I'm not complaining, mind you. Every bit of pukiness reminds me of the new baby inside. I'll gladly take it.

We told the church last night, and they were thrilled for us. Several people came up to me afterward and told me how jealous they were! Quite a bit different from when we announced previous babies- it seems the most favored comment then was, Don't you know how that happens?? It's a nice change.

So, if you think about it, keep me in your prayers. I have chronic hypertension, and it seems to get worse towards the end of my pregnancies. The doctor has already told me I will have to have a c-section because I've had two previous c-sections. Part of me was disappointed, part of me was relieved. I'm also 41, and being pregnant at 41 is alot different than being pregnant at 25!

Stay tuned for further updates!

3 comments:

Eagles Wings said...

Hi I found you blog through your comment on Rocks book giveaway and had to laugh - #6....
I am having #4 (boy) and am 44 Sunday. I was 41 when I had my identical twin boys... Oh what fun to be pregnant and older! As I think about it I will pray for you and your hypertension, that is rough through pregnancy.
Blessings

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is very exciting news. I'll be praying for you every step of the way!!!!

:-)

Christina

Eagles Wings said...

Hi Beth,
Thanks for stopping by! This is actually # 4 child (SON) for us...yes ALL boys!