Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happenings At Our House

  • Anna woke up with a sore throat a few days ago. I really wasn't worried about it until she came into our room at 3:30am, crying that it hurt so bad. I took her to the doctor the next day, and she has strep.
  • Ellie woke up this morning with a sore throat. Yep, you guesed it! Another trip to the doctor, another diagnosis of strep and another antibiotic. Wonder if Samuel will get it???
  • It is HOT here and humid. It ususally hits mid to upper 90's every day. I'm ready for Fall.
  • The older boys and two of their friends went to six flags yesterday in this heat. They had a great time. I was glad I didn't have to go!!
  • Our a/c fix was neither cheap nor fast. We need a new air handler. Cost: 1500.00. Our tax return savings is dwindling down fast! But, praise God we have the money.
  • Sam's activity level has hit a all time high. He runs, jumps, talks, plays guns with his fingers, eats and basically enjoys life at a high speed. He tires me out. I'm so glad I have the girls to help out with him.
  • We are embarking on potty training when we return from Junior Camp, the week after next. Pray for me. It's been about 12 years since I've potty trained a boy.
  • We're getting a little tired of eating eggs, chicken breast and turkey burgers. But, we feel better and look better. Don't get me wrong, the food is still good. We had grilled shrimp the other night and it was delicious. But, I'd love a bacon cheeseburger (on a bun!!) with a side of onion rings. One day. Maybe.
  • That's about all for now.

No comments: