Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday


Well, I went to the doctor yesterday, fearing getting on the scale. My eyes almost popped out of my head as I saw the number: I LOST 14 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK.

Are you amazed? So am I. I NEVER imagined that amount of loss. I had prepared myself for a two to four pound loss, but never that much! This way of eating really does work for losing weight fast. It's low carb, low fat and low cal. If you want more info, do a google search on"kimkins". A weird name, I know. It's a take off of the woman's name who came up with the diet and Atkins, because it is a take off of Atkins. Her website costs 60 to join, but I was able to come up with enough info on the web so I didn't have to join. I may later.

All my blood work came back great. I was surprised at that also. God is good.

The air in our house in on the fritz. Not good where we live this time of year. Hopefully we can get someone out here to look at it soon and hopefully it will be a quick, cheap fix.

I went to a homeschool seminar last night with a friend of mine. I don't know what I enjoyed more: the meeting or the drive up and back with my friend. We were able to talk a long time without all the usual interuptions of children. It was a great, informative seminar which I was able to glean some ideas from. I've been homeschooling ten years, but every year is different. I just now feel I have a handle on curriculum, and I plan to start back in the middle of July to get a jump start on next year.

That's about all the news from around here.

Stay cool.

1 comment:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Congratulations! I also thought that your child's comment at dinner (next post) was funny -- sweet though too. :-)