Sunday, April 1, 2007

This has been quite a week!

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. This past weekend has literally been a whirlwind. My parents came for a quick visit from Thursday evening to Saturday morning. So we spent the first part of the week getting ready for their visit. I always feel like I have to clean, clean, clean before they come and my family knows me well enough to expect this. I will say my children did help tremendously this week with cleaning and I was very pleased.


We had such a nice visit. I love my parents and savor every minute I get with them. My children go crazy when Grandma and Grandpa are here and even Samuel was all over them. We celebrated Ellie's birthday (again) and Paul's birthday.



Grandma and Samuel
Watching pictures on the computer


Grandpa and Ellie


Then on Saturday, we had my husbands big surprise 40th birthday party. That was alot of work, but fun work. I put together some pictures and music that took me a better part of a week to finish! He was so surprised-He had no idea. Some of our plans fell through at the last minute so we had to scramble to pull it off, but it worked out better than we planned. I was so happy we surprised him. It really was a miracle the way it worked out. He is the pastor, so nothing is done at the church without him knowing, and we pulled off this great party and he had no idea!



It was a fun, good time. I am so blessed. Paul is a great husband- I have no complaints. God is so good and He blessed me tremendously by putting us together. I was privileged to throw this party for Paul, to let him know how thankful I am for him.

Now this week we will spend getting ready for Easter. This really is my favorite holiday. We have a custom here in the South. The churches drape fabric over the crosses in front of their churches. Right now, its purple and it has been since Lent. On Good Friday, the drape will be black. My favorite part of Easter is driving to church, and catching a glimpse of the cross, draped in white, signifying the Resurrection. Makes my eyes tear and my heart sing everytime.

Have a good day.

No comments: