Saturday, April 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Honey



Today is my husband's fortieth birthday. We had the big blowout party last weekend, so today we had a small ,nice, family party with just us. I made him a scrapbook with all his letters and cards from his party and he was thrilled. He was most thrilled with the letters the kids wrote him. My 17 year old son wrote his dad such a thoughtful letter it brought tears to both our eyes. He is such a good kid- I am so proud of him.



I cooked his favorite meal (hamburger pie) and made him a decadent fudge cake which he loved! Then we gave him our big gift. We all went in this year and got him a video mp3 player- 30gigs. He was very happy with that (he had been hinting around for a few months for one, but didn't think we would get him the big one).



I wrote him a little something I wanted to share:




40 things I love about you.
1 I love how you were blown away at your 40th birthday party
2 I love how your eyes light up whenever I enter the room
3 I love how you call me Beth
4 I love how you love Samuel
5 I love how you are so tender and gentle with him
6 I love how you flirt with Ellie and Anna
7 I love how you love to be with Paul and Zack, doing manly things
8 I love how you dream big
9 I love how you LOVE to preach and how excited you get over what you are learning
10 I love how you call me 3 or 4 times a day, usually about nothing.
11 I love how you love to get new clothes
12 I love how proud you are of the man Paul has become
13 I love how you get teary eyed when you talk about him leaving home
14 I love how you laugh at Zack's humor
15 I love watching you listen to Zack play the piano and the pride that emminates from your face
16 I love how you still hold Anna on your lap
17 I love that you take Anna hunting when she wants to go, and how you encourage her to go
18 I love how you hold Ellie's hand often
19 I love how you listen intently to her stories
20 I love how you look for Samuel to come down the aisle at the end of a Sunday morning service
21 I love how he's still your little boy and you take advantage of that at every opportunity
22 I love how our hearts can talk without us saying a word
23 I love how you enjoy dressing up and looking nice
24 I love how you have become a redneck
25 I love how you take care of me
26 I love how you enjoy spending time with your parents
27 I love how proud you are of your children and tell anybody who will listen about them
28 I love how you love my dad and my mom
29 I love how you call them on the phone more than me!
30 I love the life you've made for us here in Georgia
31 I love your strong desire to do whatever God has for you
32 I love the man you have become, and the boy that will always be inside of you
33 I love that you try to make it possible to give me whatever I want
34 I love how gentle you are with me, both in words and actions
35 I love how you still, after almost 19 years, flirt with me
36 I love how you don't carry grudges and how your forgiveness lasts forever
37 I love that you loved the baby we lost as much as I did
38 I love how you were willing to risk the pain of a miscarriage all over again to try for another baby
39 I love the look of pride and joy in your eyes the first time you held each one of your children
40 I love how you love me.



I love you Paul and always will!



Paul as a baby

2 years ago at Samuel's shower

No comments: