Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday

We had a beautiful Good Friday Communion service at church tonight. The Scripture read and the comments made really made me focus on Jesus' sacrificial death on the Cross. I love so much to jump to Easter and the Resurrection, but I am learning to fully appreciate that, I must focus on the Cross. I don't enjoy hearing what the Romans did to Jesus. It is hard for me to sit there are listen to what they did to Him. And even worse is when I realize it was for MY sin He did it.
On a hill far away,
Stood an old rugged Cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame.
And I love that Old cross
Where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down.
I will cling to the old rugged cross
and exchange it some day for a crown.
"All we like sheep have gone astray. He has turned everyone to his own way. And the Lord has laid on Him, the iniquity of us all".
Isaiah 23:9

No comments: