Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • I've kind of been in a blogging slump. Nothing much to say, if you can believe that!
  • Seems amazing to me that the day after tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Where did 2009 go?
  • We're having about 27 people here for Thanksgiving. When we first moved here, we were without any family. So we decided on Thanksgiving, we would invite everyone and anyone who had no place to go. That first Thanksgiving, we had another family of 4 and 2 much older couples. We loved it and a tradition was born! Of course, we now have family included in that, so our numbers have grown by leaps and bounds, but our motto is the more, the merrier! It will be interesting to see how everyone fits this year!
  • We all split up the cooking so no one person has to do it all. For me, as long as I don't have to do the mashed potatoes, I'm great!
  • I'm making my traditional dishes I've made for years and years: broccoli casserole, sweet potato souffle and green bean casserole with chocolate pie and cream cheese pie for dessert.
  • I'm making a new pumpkin dessert this year. It sounds good- I hope it doesn't disappoint!
  • We have been blessed with several deer in the past few weeks and our freezer is full to the brim with venison! What a blessing. I am not a country girl, but I will eat venison. And, really, it's not that different than ground beef, other than it has no fat.
  • Our stray dog (TJ) has found a new home, thanks to the diligence of Anna. When she found out that the pound would put him down because he was part pit bull, she was having none of it!
  • So now we're back to 2 dogs. Sweet little Schnitzel and Big Wild Sheba. Enough!
  • Good night.

No comments: