Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stuff

  • Sam's foot is healing well, but it is so ugly to look at. He gets his stitches out on Saturday. I'll be glad when he can take a regular bath again.
  • We have a "visitor" dog this week. Monday, we noticed a small dashound running around our yard. He stayed all evening and was there Tuesday morning. Paul told the kids to put him in the yard- he was afraid he would get hit by a car because he was so small. Well, the yard became the house and he now has 3 or 4 different names even though we're NOT keeping him. He is a cute dog, and Bella has enjoyed having a playmate. I don't think he's any older than her.
  • I'm leaving Friday morning for a girls weekend. Woo-Hoo! 2 of my best friends from high school and I are spending the weekend together, getting reaquainted. I haven't seen the one in 25 years- that's alot of catching up to do!
  • Ben is in for his first haircut this week. I love his curls, but his hair is getting out of control. I don't think he's going to like it! He is afraid of the vacuum and Paul uses it with his flowbee to cut hair. It should be interesting.
  • Due to seemingly uncontrollable damp conditions in the basement, the girls have moved back upstairs. Where, you ask?? Well, we moved a mattress into the little boys room for Ellie and Anna has taken over the couch. Ellie, who has never suffered with allergies, suddenly developed bad allergy symptoms after moving to the basement. After sleeping upstairs for a few weeks, the symptoms are all gone. We're trying to figure out a permanent solution to this dilemma.
  • Paul's computer froze up last week and he had to take it to his friend, the computer guy. Well in the process of fixing it, we lost everything on it. 3 years of sermons, documents, power points, and the thing that distresses me most, lots of family pictures. All our vacation pictures from this summer. Now, I do have alot of them online, so they are not gone forever, but they are not the best quality online and it's not all of them. Arghhhhhhh
  • Please keep my Grandpa in your prayers. He suffered a major heart attack last week and is not expected to live much longer.

4 comments:

Mom/Nana said...

Praying for you Grandfather and Mom and her family. Also asking GODS blessings on your reunion time with your friends. Love you much. Mom Dziadul

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend - you deserve it! I'll be praying for your grandfather.

Love,
Cherie

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

Glad Sam is healing well. Ben getting his hair cut with the Flowbee reminds me of Paul cutting Drew's hair at the Logschool for what was probably like show and tell time for the kids. :) Have fun this weekend!

Love,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
I hope you and your friends have a wonderful time. If Sam has to have an ugly scar the bottom of the foot is a good place for it. I thought Ben's curls were living on borrowed time. I'll miss them but I don't want my nephews looking like nieces. Maybe an air cleaner for the basement?
Love,
Sherry