Monday, April 6, 2009

Birthday Week

Tomorrow is Paul's 42nd birthday. I always enjoy Paul's birthday because it means for about 3 months, we're the same age and there can be no jokes about me being older. Sam's 4th birthday is on Wednesday. Paul always teases that Sam stole his birthday.

We spent about all day today out and about. We haven't done that in sooooo long and now I remember why. I'm tired. Really tired. Sam and I started out around 11, dropping Paul off for lunch with his pastor-friend. We then ran around to a few stores. Sam had a dollar and he was determined to buy his dad a birthday gift. As we were leaving, the mail came and in it was a birthday card for Sam with $5 in it. Well, there might as well have been a million dollars in it as far as he was concerned. Now he could buy his dad a gift and something for himself! I was also looking for a used bike for Sam and a present for Paul. I had already made the goodwill/salvation army run on Saturday and didn't see anything, but I thought I'd try again. I didn't quite know where else to look. We really didn't want to spend the money on a new bike when he would outgrow such a small one relatively fast.

We stopped at the salvation army first. No bikes. But they had signs on the wall giving the prices for bikes, which made me wonder. When we left, I decided to drive around back, just to see if maybe the bikes were out there. Sure enough, they were. And, there were 2 little bikes, just Sam's size! One was pink and girly and one was yellow and boyish. And the price? Are you ready??? $2.50. YAY It's in very good condition- needs a tiny bit of work, but it will make a little boy very happy tomorrow night and it's already made his parents extremely happy. He has asked for a "kid bike" for several months now, and he will be so excited to see his dream come true.

Amazingly enough, I have another story about the gift I got for Paul, but I can't tell you that until tomorrow. We're having their combined party tomorrow night, so I'm sure I'll have pics in the next day or two. I'm going to have to make Sam another Red Sox cake- I HATE the Red Sox. The things we do for our children....

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I know you'll all have a fun time tomorrow. I LOVE A BARGAIN!!!! Yahoo on the bike!