Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Samuel at 4

Today is Sam's 4th birthday. I can't believe it's been 4 years since that sweet, small baby was placed in my arms. Little did we know what a joy and blessing this little boy would be to our entire family. He was born a little more than a year after we lost a baby, and I think that has always made him doubly sweet. So, here are 4 things I love about Samuel: 1. He loves his siblings, each and every one. He bonded with Anna early on because she was his main caretaker when I battled headaches everyday, and since then, she has been so important to him. He also loves hanging out with his big brothers and doing anything with them. They are good about obliging him (most days anyways). He loves playing with Ellie because she's alot of fun and thinks up fun stuff to do. And of course he loves Ben, and enjoys being the "big" brother.
2. He loves his dad and mom. He will go almost anywhere, if Dad is going. Even a trip to Lowes is so much better if dad is there. Like I stated earlier, he bonded early with Anna, even to the exclusion of me at times. I understood, but I didn't like it. Now, it's finally different. He loves to be with mom and mom loves to be with him. He will still crawl in my bed in the morning and he loves to lay with me. He calls it "holdy". I know this will not last much longer, so I am enjoying every moment of it.

3. I love his blue, blue eyes and his light hair and his cute little face!

4. I love how he loves anything boyish. Sticks, balls, knives (play, of course!), guns (again, play:), mud, dirt, etc, etc, etc. He loves to play hard and dirty.

Happy Birthday Samuel! We're so glad God placed you in our family. You have certainly been a treasure!


4 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

I am crying again!!! Don't know if I am crying with you or for you?! Seems like all the children are growing up way too fast! I guess this post hit me at an emotional moment. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

What great pics of Sam! Such a sweetie!

Love,
Kelly Lancaster

Vicki said...

Such sweet picture's and he sure is growing up!

Anonymous said...

I can think of 4 things I love about Sam
1. I love his way of making me laugh even when I am blue or sad.
2. I love the way his Poppy and I know he loves us.
3. I love the fact that GOD answered prayers for him when he was sick so young and his health and vitality are a joy to us.
4. I love how he is a healing to our hearts and he loves to come to see us (or maybe the tv at our house). Haha. What a joy how I thank GOD for him.