Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

 These are the only pictures I took on Mother's Day.  They weren't the best, but the kids looked so nice before church.  Sam was already gone, and no one else would pose for me.
 After church, Paul cooked lunch for his family and for me, in honor of Mother's Day.  He cooked filet mignon, chicken and sausage on the grill while Anna made homemade fettucine alfredo.  It was delicious.
 Sam, Ben and Emma gave me Mother's Day balloons.  Well, Emma gave me a Elmo balloon.  Well, not really.  She wouldn't let me have it!  Paul said when she saw it at the store, she insisted on having it.
 Later, Paul gave me a very generous gift card to buy whatever I want.  I love that!
Then my big kids (Anna, Ellie and Paul) took me out to a movie.  We saw Mirror, Mirror and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  It was cute and funny and better that I had hoped.  Then we went out for dinner and I enjoyed the time with the kids very much.  We got home and Paul and I jumped in the van and headed out for dessert.  I was very full by the time the night was done, but very satisfied.  Being a mother is the hardest thing I've ever attempted to do and it is nice to have that effort recognized!  Thanks family for a great day!

Oh yeah, I received a very uplifting phone message from Zack and then got to talk to him later in the day.  Not the same as being able to see him, but it was so nice to hear from him!

No comments: