Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Mountains, Part 1

Anna, Ellie and I left for the North Georgia Mountains early one Tuesday afternoon.  We were so excited.  I had asked Paul that if, when I reached my year end goal of losing 100 pounds, the girls and I could get away for a few days.  He knows how much they help around the house and with the kids, so he readily agreed.  We felt so free to be going with no little ones, no car seats, no diapers, no extra change of clothes, no sippy cups, no whining, no crying, etc, etc, etc.  We arrived late Tuesday afternoon, and within 5 minutes, Anna was in the jacuzzi tub watching tv.  I just had to laugh!  And, as soon as Anna got out, Ellie got in.  I just knew we were going to have a great time.  We went out to dinner (no cooking, no cleaning) and then headed back for an evening of relaxing and watching tv.  Since we don't have tv at home, it was a treat.  I think I watched the food network the entire time!
 The next morning we got up, and after I did my workout in the workout room, we took off.  We stopped first at an antique mall.  We walked around for a while and then (I thought) we were ready to leave.  I told the girls I'd be in the truck and a few minutes later Anna came out and asked if she could use the camera to snap a few pics.  Alright.  And then I waited.  And waited.  And waited.
 About 30 minutes later they came out, laughing and giggling and the pictures above are what they were doing.  There are none of Ellie because she, like her mom, which much rather take the picture than be in it.
 Next we went to Tallulah Gorge.  The girls barely remembered being here years ago when we visited. 


 This steel girder is what held the cable when the Great Wallenda walked across the gorge on a tightrope.  We were all amazed that he would do that!
 My beautiful daughters.
 It was a long way down.
The sky was so pretty that night- so many vivid colors.  We ended the night by seeing a movie and then headed back to the condo for more relaxing with the tub and tv.  Part 2 coming...

No comments: