Friday, August 6, 2010

Thursday- Venice Beach

We decided to drive down to Venice Beach on Thursday. This beach is known for its abundance of sharks teeth, so the kids- and Paul- were very excited. The Gulf beaches are some of the prettiest in the world, in our opinion.
The water was sparkling! Emma and I dropped the family off and then headed to the cool movie theatre. The kids had a good time and Paul found alot of sharks teeth. I met up with them at Sharky's, a restaurant right on the beach. Interestingly enough, Paul and I with Paul, Zack and Anna, had eaten at this restaurant 14 years ago while on a get away.
Ben drinking after a hot, tiring walk down the beach.

The natural, wind-blown look!! It was so hot and windy.

Sam and Ben on the top of the restaurant.
Sweet baby Emma. Silly boys.
Beautiful water.
Anna's crab that she found and brought home and cooked. She and Paul ate it. They said it was delicious.

The crab.
Paul encountered a snake not far out the front door when we got home last night. I was very glad it was him and not me!

The snake was chasing this lizard.
As soon as we got home, the kids were in the pool. They never tire of it. Makes me kind of wish we had a pool at our house.
Paul's bounty of sharks teeth. He had nothing to carry them in, so he carried them in his mouth for a couple of hours. I did not know this, and watched as he spit them out on the table. It was quite shocking- I had NO idea what was going on!

Ben and Paul. Both Ben and Sam have become very comfortable in the water, Sam even learning how to swim on this trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look of your blog! Love the windblown look - that color you are wearing looks great on you! So glad y'all are having a great time! Missing y'all!

My sis has been on Marco Island all this week, so near to y'all - so wishing for a trip to the beach! I am enjoying thru y'all!!!

See ya next week - keep posting more great pics!

Dar