Monday, February 23, 2009
Yesterday Benjamin turned one year old! Here he is when I went to get him up in the morning- he seemed to know it was a special day. He's usually tired and wanting his bottle first thing. But yesterday he had a big smile for me!
We had friends and family over for his party. The gifts were just piled on the floor, and he decided to crawl over and take a closer look. He had fun opening them and enjoyed playing with the toys. He couldn't wait to get his hands on that cupcake. In fact, even before the candle was blown out, he reached out a finger and got a taste of frosting!FINALLY!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
- Can't believe I haven't posted since Monday- where has this week gone?
- I started going to a gym on Wednesday. Believe it or not, I was at the gym at 5:15 AM Wednesday morning for a class! The Biggest Loser has started back up again and as part of the contest, we get the use of a nice, new gym for the 10 weeks the contest runs. I've made it every morning this week and plan on continuing until I can't anymore. I really, really like getting the exercise out of the way early in the morning.
- Benjamin turns 1 on Sunday. Amazing. And a little sad.
- Benjamin has also improved his walking skills considerably this week. He can now walk across the room without falling.
- Sam has been obsessed about his birthday. He's told me many times that he wants another Red Sox cake. I asked him about it yesterday. He said, "You know mom, I want a loser cake." That's my boy!
- The camera cord is gone again. Frustrating. It was right here all week, and now that I need it, it's gone. sigh.
- The big room switch is finally complete. It was a lot of work, but everything is back to normal. Although it is weird having the big boys back upstairs. The girls are enjoying their new big room and the boys are getting used to their smaller one.
- Good Night.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
We have been studying the Civil War and Abraham Lincoln in history for quite some time now. We couldn't pass up Abe's 200th birthday without some sort of celebration, so we decided, along with another family, to have a birthday party for Abe. It ended up being a birthday picnic and it was such a gorgeous day to be outside. We went to Dauset Trails, a local zoo/park/picnic area and enjoyed ourselves immensely.
This owl was hissing at us. I was glad he was behind bars.
Look at that face!
Well, hello there!
This kid really enjoyed himself and loved seeing and feeding the animals.
One of the goats (not this cute little one), spit in my friend Kelly's face! It was so funny! I don't think she thought it was quite that funny, but it was!