Monday, May 4, 2009

Oh. My. Word.

Did I have a great weekend. I met my friend, Chrissy, up in the North GA mountains for the weekend. I left Friday around noon. Now mind you, I haven't seen Chrissy since we graduated high school. 25. years. ago. (Wow. Even though I've said that alot, it's still shocking.) And, I haven't talked to her in that long either. We set this whole thing up over the Internet. I called her when we were almost there. She didn't sound like I remembered, and I got a little worried. What if we had nothing to say to each other? What if we were both totally different and didn't even like each other anymore?
We got there, and made the trek up 2 flights of stairs to our condo, sat down to catch our breath and didn't get back up for THREE HOURS. Literally. 3 hours passed without our noticing because we talked the whole time. So much for having nothing to say to each other!!

It was such a nice time. We didn't do anything all weekend but talk, look at pictures and go out to eat. We determined that once we got there, we were not cooking or cleaning, so we didn't! We ate out every meal (except breakfast on Saturday- we snacked on some cookies in between talking) and enjoyed every minute of having no one to watch and no one to take care of.
Our lives have been very different, but God has blessed us both with wonderful husbands and great kids. We were very thankful for our husbands for giving us this opportunity to get away and reconnect, and we realized more than once that not every husband is so generous.
It was a fantastic weekend. I'm so glad God allowed our paths to cross once more, and hopefully it won't be 25 more years before we spend some time together!

3 comments:

mom said...

I'm so happy things worked out so well for you Elizabeth you looked refreshed when I saw you today at Walmart. Love Mom D.

Vicki said...

I am so happy for you and your friend. What a blessing and huge opportunity to get to do that. Glad it worked out so well. That has made me think of planning a ladies weekend away in the fall. Do you think PP would be generous again? :)

Angie said...

Good For You!!! :)