Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Conversation with Sam

Today, Sam went with me while I ran to the grocery store. It was just him and I and as usual, he jabbered and talked the entire time. I was only half listening to him until something he said made me listen alot closer.

"I talked to God today" he said.

"Oh really" I said, trying to play it cool. "And what did you say?"

"Oh, God said he wasn't going to put me in heaven" he replied, non-chalantly.

He has had alot of questions since he found out my Grandfather died. He was a little concerned about dying.

"God said heaven isn't for little boys and He's not going to put me in heaven."

I knew he really didn't understand the concept of heaven and dying, so I didn't make a big deal of it. I asked him about Jesus.

"Jesus died on the cross and when I was at Poppy's house I saw it on tv and they put nails in his hands and feets but Jesus didn't stay dead because He was rosen."

You're getting it Sam, you're getting it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the mouths of children. How I love that child. Mom Dziadul

Angie said...

... and after hearing of his adventure at the lake this conversation has a whole new perspective... GOD IS GOOD!!!