Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Grandpa Benzing

We will leave in the morning to travel to Ohio for the funeral of my Grandpa Benzing. He is my mom's father and he went home to be with the Lord last Friday evening. He lived 90 years on this earth and left quite a legacy. He was a man of God and he will be sorely missed. "I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me, did I chose to love?"


"Did I point to You enough to make a mark on things?"


"I want to leave an offering"

"A child of mercy and grace who blessed Your Name, unapologetically"

"And leave that kind of legacy"

Grandpa, you did it. You left that kind of legacy, for everyone who remembers you, remembers your love for your Savior.

Thank you for leaving me with that kind of heritage and for being the kind of example that I can point my children to.

Till we meet again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elizabeth that was so nice. We all will miss him as we do Mom. I love the pictures you chose.
Love, Mom
And he did real good!!

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD for the legacy your grandfathers left. praying safe travels for you and blessed service of passage for this good man. Love Mom Dziadul

Gretchen said...

What a great post -- I love all the pictures! Thanks, cousin.

Vicki said...

I'm alone, and thank goodness, because I am so emotiona after reading this....I think you should some how print this off and give it to your mother. You are blessed...