Monday, May 11, 2009

The Funeral

Grandpa's funeral was held Saturday morning. It was an outstanding tribute to a man who loved God and who lived like he loved God. I wasn't able to get very good pictures, but these will give you an idea of what it was like. They are mostly from the graveside ceremony. My cousins adorable daughters.


This is the back of the gravestone for my grandparents. Their children were their legacy and they wanted that reflected.


The bagpiper played Amazing Grace at the conclusion of the service as he slowly walked away. Very moving.

Taps being played.


Sam wasn't sure about the 21 gun salute and found his way to his cousin Jacob.

I love this picture of their hands.

My uncle Ron saluting his father's casket.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
All those pictures are beautiful and reverent. I didn't even notice you taking pictures! What a beautiful service to honor our Grandfather.

Anna

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing your touching photos. The graveside military service was a fitting honor for grandpa.