Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Open House

Zachary felt bad for Bella, who is in the cage most of the time, so he crawled in there with her. Hard to believe he's going to be 16 in a few weeks.
Bella and her blue eyes.


For the past 7 years, our family has hosted an open house in the month of December. My parents used to do it when I was growing up, and we thought it was a great tradition to continue. It is always an exciting time and all the kids pitch in to help clean and get ready. Paul's brother David helped us this year and did an excellent job.
Patrick, Benjamin and Chris. The 3 Sunday morning noisemakers.



Sweet and sour meatballs. Yum. My mom made them for her open houses, and now, I make them every year for mine.

I think I counted 58 people here last night. It was crowded, HOT but alot of fun.
Our Christmas tree, which is as old as Zachary and livng on borrowed time. We wondered if we would be able to use it this year- it was so pitiful looking, but once we decorated it, it looked fine.

All ready for our guests.

Everyone was tired when it was over, even little Bella.

4 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Thanks for all your hard work. The Creaths look forward to this every year! We had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I saw the little children up on the shelf from last years present. I loved them. Are you sure Zack crawled in that cage? I am so proud of you, such a good girl. Love, Mom We miss you all so much the more at Christmas :(

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived closer to our extended families! Although I guess if we all lived that close there would be a ton more people in your house! :) How fun, and I totally understand Zachary with feeling sorry for the puppy. I've huddled outside on the deck in the snow with a banished pet before just so they wouldn't be too cold. :) ~Anna

Vicki said...

We had a good time..thanks for having us. Hard to believe that Zach could fit in that crate. We crate trained Missy until she was old enough and we had nice weather to just stay outside in her pin.
She got to where she would just go in there.