Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Anna's Night

Tonight we started our annual traditon the Night of the Giver. (If you don't know what I'm referring to, look back in my archives to last December). Anna started us off this year. She gave Sam and Ben a gift of several books and then she gave the rest of us games: Racko- a family favorite
Sharp Shooters

Yahtzee- another family favorite (right Grandma!!)

Cadoo
And then we played games for a few hours and ate snacks, which Anna provided. (well, the kids ate snacks. Paul and I refrained as we are back to making good food choices. )

Our new Advent tradition we started tonight. Jotham's Journey. (Thanks Kelly) It is a story that is read a little each night to help keep our minds on the real reason for the season. Tonight was the first night we read it and we were pleasantly surprised with the interesting story.

Even Sam listened well.

For a while. Then he got to looking at another book.

His dad trimmed his hair and I think it makes him look so much older. My little Sam is growing up much too fast.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Um, Paul is looking a little grandfatherly in these pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking he has a whole new look. I love all those games, I got Racko at GW & the kids at church love it too. Only game I am not sure of is the one Paul got. Anna did a good job. Mis you!
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Rebecca,
Your comment isn't sitting well with you aged brother-in-law.

Anonymous said...

This Grandmother also remembers Yatzee and Racko as our family favorites. We would even take them to camping for those rainy times. I never heard of the one Paul Sr got either sounds a bit like a desease. Good job Anna Love Nana