Tuesday, March 6, 2007

What a Weekend!

I went to the Gulf Coast Rubies Above Rubies Retreat this weekend. On Friday morning, 7 of us from my church loaded up in the van and traveled about 8 hours to Elberta, Alabama to Camp Baldwin. We arrived and were thrilled with the accommodations and location. It is right on the Bay and dolphins come every morning and swim just outside the dining hall.

Friday evening we heard Nancy Campbell speak. She is one of the most anointed and Godly women I know. Everything she says comes right from the Bible but she says it in the most gentle way. She can rebuke you and you feel good, because she has says it so gently.

She also spoke Saturday and Sunday morning. She talked about the atmosphere and the attitude in our home. Guess what? It's me. I determine whether the attitude is good or bad in my home by my attitude. Ouch. I would travel twice as far to hear her. If you have never heard of her, her website is www.aboverubies.com. She publishes a magazine that is free of charge, donation only. It's worth getting and reading.

The ladies from our church bonded this weekend. We laughed and cried together and shared deep truths with one another. God is so good. The other ladies there were great also. I enjoyed getting to know some of them. Amazingly enough, I met a blogging friend there. I am still blown away that that happened. I had no idea she lived in the Gulf Coast, so I wasn't expecting to meet anyone I knew. A few things were said and I took a closer look at her, knew she looked familiar and it clicked in my head! It was Princess Ruby (Jamie). We talked a bit and laughed alot!

I came home refreshed and relaxed. I bought 2 cd's of Nancy's daughters singing and I have not stopped playing them. They are incredible!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Aren't their CD's amazing? And just the anointing over Nancy...she's the most amazing woman I've ever met! It was my third retreat there. We went to a family camp in Maryland about 4-5 years ago (back when we lived in NC). I hope no matter where we move that I will be able to go to a retreat. It is just amazing. It was so awesome to meet you!!! Thanks so much for your prayers!

2Forgetful said...

Hi! I'm party hopping from the Ultimate Blog Party. Nice blog. I started over in the blog world too because my real life and blog life were mixing.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Hi, just stopping by for the party! Isn't that great when you can come together with other Christian women and have such a time as that? Wonderful! And to meet a blog friend there, that is so cool!

Happy party blogging this week!

Unknown said...

Great blog, I hope if you dont mind that I come back and visit, your welcome to come and visit my blog if you like

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party!!! Nice to meet ya.

I am having my 4th..yes 4th party favor give-away. If ya get a chance come on over.

PARTY ON!!!!

Nadine said...

Came by from the party. Hi there. It's nice to bond with other like minded people. I enjoyed your post.

Amydeanne said...

wow! a friend of mine just gave me a few copies of AR's and what a neat and wonderful mag! I'm glad you had fun! :)

Just came by for the party! Hope you come by the 160 too!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Happy partying!