Monday, March 12, 2007

A Mother's Prayer

I bought 2 cd's at the ladies retreat I attended last weekend. They are fabulous and just about every song is my favorite! However, they sing one song, "A Mother's Prayer" that I just love. Here is the chorus:


Seek Him, and Find Him,

Fall fervently in love with Jesus.

Trust Him and serve Him,

With every breath for what He teaches,

He'll be close when I'm no longer there,

That's your mother's prayer.


The other verses and songs are just as meaningful. I just about have them all memorized- I've listened to them that much!!


We had a wonderful weekend with our church family. Saturday we went to the farm of one of our families. Just about the entire church showed up for a picnic and a sing a long. What a blessing to see that many like minded people in one place. Sunday services were just as much of a blessing. We have a meal every week after Sunday services and it has become a time of sharing and fellowship and laughter. I feel bad for the rest of you that don't belong to a church like ours.


My husband is the pastor and he is going through the book of Ephesians right now. It has been tough for him, because of the meaty content of that book. But this week he preached on forgiveness and what it cost God and Christ and followed it up with communion. Again, I feel sorry for the rest of you that don't get straight Bible teaching each week. Paul didn't always preach this way and I didn't realize the difference between teaching straight from the Bible or teaching cultural concerns. The Bible is the best!!


Have a great Monday!


Here is a picture from Saturday of my son Sam having fun in the dirt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Thank you for stopping by and saying hello. We had a wonderful time this weekend, your right it was fantastic being around so many like minded families!
Stop by anytime!