Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday, Monday

Another Monday morning. (well, afternoon already). I'm still laying in bed. I think I pulled a muscle in my hip/back this weekend and it pulls when I stand. My family-all of them- are at a silent memorial walk for the local pregnancy crises center here. I really wanted to go, but I knew I wouldn't make it through the walk. So I'm here alone, and I must admit, I'm enjoying the silence.

Church was great yesterday. The message was wonderful and spoke to my heart. My almost 2 year old fell asleep so I was really able to pay attention. Our church has undergone somewhat of a rebirth in the past 18 months. God has filled our sanctuary with like minded believers. These people, especially the women, challenge me on everything without knowing it. When I was the only homeschooler I really knew, I was my standard. Now that I know these ladies who do great work with their kids, I can see my standard is lacking. Problem it, I am lazy and do not like change. God is working with me on that.

I am going to try to really love my kids today. Not in big huge ways like a trip to Disneyworld, but in small ways, like talking nicely and having them participate with me. Maybe playing with them.

Beth

No comments: