Monday, November 6, 2017

Progress!

7 weeks to the day after the fire, clean up began.  It was incredible to me that for 7 weeks the house sat virtually untouched, and then in 3 days, it was basically empty of everything, including sheetrock, ceilings and floors.  Crazy.  I snapped some pictures of the last time I went in the house before clean up  began. 

 The mold grew so quickly on the couch.  One day after the fire, the couch was covered in green mold.
 Looking into the kitchen over the breakfast bar.  Fridge is far left, all rusted out.
 Laundry/School room/Sewing room.  By this time, everything had been dumped out, either by us or the people who did the inventory.
 Back door.  I lost alot of homeschool curriculum and books because of the water and the smoke.
 My desk.  My Ott lamp melted and everything else was covered in soot.
 Ellie and Emma's room.  The ceilings fell when the fire in the attic broke out and they had to pour so much water in the attic to put it out.
 Sam, Ben and Jack's room. 
 My room.  So much wet insulation everywhere.

 Looking over the bed into the other corner of my room.  That's my wedding dress under that pile of clothes.  But I was able to find the little white dress that was mine when I was a baby and that all of my girls and granddaughters have worn when dedicated.
 My room again, but this time you can see there is no ceiling.
 Our bathroom.  So dirty and smoky.

 More of the boys room.  Under that pile is Jack's little bed.
 More of the boys room.  You can see the mold growing on the bed.
 Kitchen window, sink and dishwasher.
 This is where the first fire originated.  There was a stove in here, which caught on fire and burned everything around it.


 My two instant pots and Vitamix.  On the top shelf was where I stored boxes of pictures.  We were able to salvage some of those pictures.
 Dining room table and hutch.  The dining room was also hit hard.
 Some of the china my mom gave to me.  I was able to save a few plates.

No comments: