Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thanksgiving

I find it very hard to believe Thanksgiving is the day after tomorrow.  It seems to have just snuck up on us this year, probably because of the craziness of the last ten weeks..  Somedays it seems like the fire was last week, sometimes it seems like it was months ago, not 10 weeks ago.  10 weeks ago tonight was the last "normal" night in our home.  The power was off, so it wasn't totally normal.  I remember before I went to bed, I looked for Schnitzel.  He usually was in bed with Emma or Jack, but this night he wasn't.  I looked all over and finally looked in the back room.  There was a pile of blankets on the floor, and as I called his name, I saw the blankets begin to move, and then eventually he peeked his head out.  He was buried in the pile of blankets, one of his favorite places to be.

I hated that he died in the fire, but I am so very thankful he wasn't hurt.  He was found in his favorite chair, all curled up like he was sleeping.  I am certain he was sleeping when the smoke started, and he wasn't even aware there was a problem.  If he had been panicking, we would have found him at the front door trying to get out.  But he was curled up in his favorite chair.  He aggravated me and was forever trying to get food or sneak away from the house.  But I miss the crazy dog.  Sigh.

 I saved my old melted computer in the hopes I can get the hard drive out and get the pictures off of it.  It has all the pictures of our mega vacation this summer on it.  I blogged 11 days of the trip, but I'm missing 14 days.
 This is looking from the living room into the kitchen and den and the porch which will become my new laundry room.
 This is looking the other way toward the front door.
They were still replacing trusses in this picture.  I try to go look at what they have gotten done every few days or so and the progress is amazing.  Looking forward to moving back in and getting back to normal.  I hope. :)

No comments: