Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Basehor

 My grandparents moved to Basehor in the early 1970's.  I was  8 years old, so I've been visiting Basehor for a very long time.  This is the house my Grandparents lived in until both of their deaths.  This house brings back alot of fond memories, and there is a pang of sadness that I feel when I see it, remembering that both of them are no longer here.
 My Grandfather's shed.
 This barn was a part of a dairy farm.  I have memories of going with my Grandma to pick up fresh milk here.  Sadly it is no longer in operation.
 My Grandfather pastored this church for many years and this is the church I remember attending when we lived with them for several weeks one summer.
 We used to roller skate in this parking lot.
 A cold dreary day in Basehor.

 I attended this school for part of 3rd grade.  All 4 of my sister's children have attended here.

 This little restaurant was a favorite of my Grandparents.  Back then it was called Victory Junction, and after my Grandmother died, my Grandpa  ate here quite a bit.   It closed a few years ago.

 Basehor will always hold very fond memories for me.  My parents moved here in 1997 and now my children experience going to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Basehor, just like I did.

No comments: