Monday, December 12, 2011

Randomness

  • I cannot believe it is December 12th and this is my first post in December.  That should give you a clue as to how busy I've been.
  • This past week has been especially busy.  I felt like I hit the ground running Monday morning and didn't stop until Saturday night.  Thankfully this week coming up is a bit slower paced.
  • We had our annual open house last Wednesday, which explains why the first part of my week was busy.  Anna and Ellie came up with a great idea Tuesday.  1 day before the big party.  Want to know what it was?  They wanted to paint their room.  ugh.
  • I must have been temporarily insane when I agreed to it.
  • So we ran to Walmart late Tuesday afternoon, and they began to paint.  They had no real experience painting and were kind of excited to be able to do it all on their own.
  • That excitement lasted about 13 minutes as they soon came to realize that painting wasn't really that fun.  And cleaning up from painting was even less fun.
  • But they did it and their room looks great.  (Minus the purple paint on the ceiling and baseboards)
  • I think I used 10 magic erasers to erase all the artwork that Ben and Emma have left me on the walls.  I should buy stock in that company.
  • I have several posts with lots of pictures coming up.  I'm not sure how many I'll get up tonight, or I should say this morning seeing as how it is after 12am.
  • Emma loved decorating the Christmas tree, as did Ben.  It's so hard for the little ones to learn that yes, it's ok to touch the ornaments once, but then, no more.  We've had some training times to be sure, but she has done ok with the tree.
  • We did lose one ornament when we were decorating this year.  A baby's first Christmas ornament.  Emma's from last year.  Of course.  It couldn't be one of the hundreds that don't really mean anything.  Sigh.

No comments: