Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hello again.

Wow.  It's been a long time since I posted.

Silence is golden, except on a blog.  I never intended to be away this long.  I never intended to be away at all, but as I am sure most of you know, Paul's second oldest brother, Tim, passed away quite unexpectedly on September 20th, his 51st birthday.  He suffered a heart attack and was unable to be revived.  Paul wanted the entire family to travel to the funeral, so 36 hours after we received the news, we were packed in the van with 5 of the kids, leaving our home for the 22 hour drive to Enfield, Connecticut.  Paul's parents, sister and Paul Jr. left at the same time we did, but arrived a few hours ahead of us.  Zack left KC Friday morning and arrived in the afternoon, just in time to be picked up at the airport to attend the viewing.

We were away 7 days.  We stayed in CT through Sunday, September 25th and then drove all night to Virginia, to stay with Paul's brother Tony and his wife Elena.  The live right on the water and we had such a wonderful time with them. We arrived home late Thursday night, September 29th and I feel like we have been playing catch up since then.

We took 1001 pictures in the time we were away.  Don't worry, I am not going to post all of them.  There are some I would like to share, so look for several posts coming up in the next few days.

No comments: