Sunday, August 14, 2011

Random Thoughts

  • Paul has been gone for a week. I've been able to talk to him about every other day, which has been nice.
  • He is doing well and enjoying the experience. He is working hard, building buildings and he has been able to preach a couple of times at the local church, along with teaching the locals.
  • I'm ready for him to come home. It's not the same without him.
  • Zack and his cousin Jacob flew here yesterday and then left today after church with Paul Jr. for Florida. This is their first trip with no adult supervision other than themselves. They were almost beside themselves with excitement.
  • It has been hot. Really hot here this summer and especially the past few weeks. I'm ready for Fall. No, make that WINTER.
  • I'm attempting to start school this week. I say attempting because I have so much to do to get ready for it. We will do something to start this week even if it's not the whole thing.
  • Zack played for the offertory in church this morning. He did a fantastic job and I think everyone in our church is as proud of him as Paul and I are. His first piano teacher even played a duet with him after church, just for "old times sake".
  • Ellie is attending a classical "school" one day a week. They will tutor her that day and give her the assignments for the rest of the week which she will work on at home. It is a very rigorous school, something that will challenge her. I'm hoping I can keep up!! I know she can.
  • Anna will be doing something totally different because the school does not go past 9th grade. I will blog about it after we get started and I know more about it.
  • Sam is anxious to get started as a first grader. He is a joy to teach because learning is still fun to him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Mrs. Elizabeth,
Is it Veritas Ellie is going too? if so i know some people there she could hook up with and get tips on who have been doing it for years :) My parents are considering doing Above Rubies the Proverbs 31 woman for Brynna and i's schooling.
-Oriana