Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Last Monday, I was puzzled when Paul started working on the front porch. I was glad, but wondering why he just "out of the blue" started with pressure washing and then cleaning the floor and walls. When we talked later, he told me that there were going to be some things happening that I would just have to pretend not to see because it was for mother's day. So all week, I pretended not to see... ...the front door being painted red and a nickel kick plate being installed. And I pretended not to see...


new flower baskets hanging, filled with red flowers. And I pretended not to see...


flower boxes being built, painted and installed. And I pretended not to see...


the ceiling being painted and woodwork applied and a beautiful fan right in front of the porch swing. And I pretended not to see...


...new log furniture that matched the existing swing. And I pretended not to notice...


how hard Paul and the kids worked all week to get all this accomplished.




But guess what? I saw and I noticed and I LOVE IT ALL! It is beautiful and well done and I so enjoy it. I love my front porch- I sit on it quite a bit. That swing (and the previous one) is where I taught 2 children to read and am in the middle of teaching a 3rd child to read. The swing (and the previous one) is where I have sat with 3 babies, swinging with them and singing with them before bed. Our porch is very well used, and it will be even more used now. I love the flowers, I love the furniture, I especially love the fan that will let me sit out here when it is hot. But even more than that, I love the people that sacrificed this week to make sure I know I am loved.




And I do. Very much. :)

No comments: