Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What I'm Reading

I have been on a reading streak lately. It seems I read alot in a short time, then go for a while without picking up a book. This is a great book for mothers. The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson. She gives alot of helpful advice and encouragement for moms about being intentional about teaching values to our children. I am enjoying this book.
I love Dr. Leman's books. This is a down to earth, easy to read book about raising children. I have read several of his books and always glean alot of valuable information.
Since I have a new crop of boys, I decided to re-read this book and it is just as good the second time through. It refutes alot of cultural craziness and explains why boys are the way they are. I think every parent of boys need to read this book. The chapters on fathers and mothers are very eye opening.
I stumbled on her blog a few years ago and read every word she wrote. I started her book last night and even though I know the story, I couldn't put the book down and finally went to bed at 1 am after shedding several tears. Angie Smith is an excellent writer.
This is a heavy book. I bought it years ago, started it, put it down and didn't pick it back up for about five years. It is an excellent Bible study, but more than that, it is an instruction manual for discipleship, including parenting. I can only read a few pages at a time because the pages are full of truth that need to be meditated on.


I heartily recommend all of these books.

No comments: