Monday, December 14, 2009

The Christmas Tree

We weren't sure what to do about a Christmas tree this year. We got rid of our old tree after last Christmas- it was 16 years old and was worn out. So, that left us with no tree this year. The only artificial trees we could find in the store that we liked were way too expensive. We debated getting a real one, but by the time you buy the tree and the stand, it's alot of money also. So Paul looked around online for used artificial trees and found a winner! It's a seven and a half pre lit tree and is huge and beautiful! And, the best part is that he only paid $50 for it! It should last us a good long time. Ben was enthralled with the tree and the lights.
We let him put up a few ornaments and then he went to bed so we could finish.
But not before Dad dressed him up as a Christmas tree complete with lights and ornaments.

He quite enjoyed it.
Almost done! I usually "tweak" the tree after the kids are done putting on the ornaments, balancing them out and adding ribbons and bows. Not this year. I was feeling sick so my mini-me- Ellie- did my job and did it quite well! It was so funny watching her do exactly what I do exactly in the way I do it!
The finished tree.

1 comment: