Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday

It was another beautiful day here. The temps have been lower, but the humidity has been extremely lower, making for some gorgeous morning and evenings. It is so refreshing to walk outside and feel the cool breeze. I know it's not going to last much longer, but I will enjoy it as long as it does last.

Anna and I went to see My Sister's Keeper today. I had wanted to see it and she indicated she would like to see it too. I asked her if she knew what it was about, because it is a very heavy and sad movie. She told me she knew exactly what it was about and still wanted to see it.

She hated it. Some of the scenes were too graphic for her. The movie is about a teenage girl that is dying, and some of the scenes were rough to watch. And of course, it's very sad. I felt bad for her. I bought her popcorn, but she couldn't even eat it because the movie made her feel so bad. So, unless you want to see a very sad movie, I don't recommend it.

The kids and I went and jumped in the pool this evening. It was so refreshing! The water temp was perfect, and the weather was spectacular. One of those evenings where it is a joy to be outside. We don't get many of those in the middle of July in the deep south!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I read the book. I don't think I could handle the film.