Sunday, July 5, 2009

Reflections on my 43rd Year


  • God is good, all the time. I can trust in His goodness, even when I don't understand His plan.
  • My children are growing up way too fast.
  • My husband is the greatest gift I have ever received. I always wondered, when I was growing up, if I would marry. I really had my doubts, but thank God, I was wrong! Paul has been my anchor, my biggest fan and my safe place.
  • I enjoy being a "housewife". I grew up in a time when that word was almost a derogatory word, something to be ashamed of. But it is not! I enjoy taking care of my family, making meals and keeping a clean house. (or at least trying to!)
  • I always wanted 6 children and God has given me the desire of my heart. I now almost wish I had wanted more...
  • It's amazing how relevant the Bible is to 2009.
  • Facebook has reconnected me with so many in my past. It has been a joy to get back in touch with "old" friends.
  • God has placed several ladies in my life that I am so happy to call friend. There are three ladies in particular that I feel especially close to and feel I am able to talk to about anything.

"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy Peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light. Where there is sadness, joy." Saint Francis of Assissi

May this be my prayer for this new year in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 43rd year friend! I agree with you, our children are growing up way too fast! Hope you have a blessed year!

Much Love,
Dar

Vicki said...

Can't wait until Saturday! God Bless you and may you have many more birthday's. I'm right behind ya!