Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday

It has felt like Friday all day. I'm not sure why I'm off a day this week, but I am. We had a semi-busy day around here today. Paul Jr and Zack were off cutting lawns and doing other various odd jobs for people. Zack actually swam under someone's dock helping them fix a pump and Paul had a job feeding horses. I told you they were odd jobs! The little boys and I helped Paul out at the church as he started getting ready for Jr. Camp. Well, I helped a little and the boys helped even less.

Ben and I then came home so he could nap. He has transitioned to one nap a day. Sigh. I don't like when they do that. But, I figured he would at least sleep extra long since he no longer takes a morning nap. Wrong. He slept less than 2 hours. Sigh again. Not much time to get anything done. He sure doesn't sleep like Sam. Why just yesterday, Sam laid down around 2 and I woke him up around 7. Yes, 7. He napped for 5 hours!! He will normally nap at least 3 hours and be ready to go back to bed at a decent time. I, of course, expected Ben to be a sleeper like Sam, but he's not and probably never will be.

The girls sweet talked Grandpa into letting them stay an extra 4 days in Kansas. So they won't be home until Thursday. I'm ready to see them again- it's been a long time. But I know they have enjoyed every minute of it. 3 days after they get back, they leave for a week of jr. camp. They have hardly been at home at all this summer. I think they knew I was planning summer school this year....

I can't believe we're already into the month of July. You know what that means? My birthday. 43. It sure doesn't seem possible! Half of my kids won't be here to celebrate with me. Paul jr. is going to the Summit for two weeks and he leaves on my birthday. I'm sure they will make it up to me. (HINT, HINT)

Good Night.

No comments: