Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday

Today was a beautiful day. It was coolish with a nice breeze all day. Paul and I had a nice "date" tonight-we went to Sticky Fingers, a new barbeque place here in town. The food was delicious, but the fellowship was better! This morning my little boys looked so handsome all dressed up. I love dressing them up for church and love having them wear sweater vests. I found some cute ones at the Salvation Army yesterday (for next to nothing) and couldn't resist snapping some pictures before church.Notice his red sneakers?
My computer cord has stopped working; therefore, I am unable to use my computer. :( Therefore, the lack of new blog posts. I wasn't able to get on any computer at all yesterday and it about killed me!
We took Anna and Ellie to see Fireproof Thursday night. It was the second time I've seen it and it was just as good as the first time. What a message in that movie. What impressed me the most is that the leading character (Caleb) was unable to change apart from embracing the love and forgiveness of Christ. So many movies, books, etc, show people changing apart from Christ. We watched a movie last year called The Ultimate Gift. It was a very good movie and when it was done I asked Paul what he thought about it. He said it was terrible. I was surprised and asked him why he said that. His answer was that the lead actor had made a huge change in his life- and Christ was never mentioned. The message of that movie was that you can change your life apart from Christ. I was blown away. I never even put that together. I thought the movie was great, but when he said that, I realized that I fell for it, hook, line and sinker. It has made me watch movies and read books with a different perspective.
Here are some pictures from this past week.Ben enjoying an apple core.Taking a bath.This little boy needed a bath desperately!

Can someone get him out of my ice cream please???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
I'm having trouble with my computer cord and I just saw that same movie a couple of weeks ago!
Love the sweater vests.
Sherry