Sunday, October 5, 2008

Random Thoughts

- This week marks 8 years that we have lived in Macon. Our first Sunday at the church was October 8, 2000. It seems as if we have always lived here.

-Zack shot his first deer Saturday morning. His dad was much more excited than he was.

-Paul Jr. took the SAT on Saturday and is waiting for his results to see which colleges he will apply to.

-Sam seems to be over his cold/cough, but Ben's is hanging on. He is still very congested.

-Paul preached a powerful message this morning out of Romans 6-7 on the flesh and the freedom we have in Christ. Both boys were quiet so I was actually able to listen. I need to hear it again because there was such fundamental truth in it that I need to be reminded of over and over.

-Paul looked very handsome this morning and very skinny! He's lost about 25 pounds and you can really tell.

-My dad is very sick. Please pray for him as he can't seem to get well. He's been in bed all week and even missed church today- a rarity for him. I don't think I can ever remember him missing before.

-I rear ended a lady yesterday while I was at a stop sign. I was looking down and saw the traffic move out of the corner of my eye, so I took my foot off the gas and rammed right into the back of her car. I was immediately mad at myself for doing something so stupid and apprehensive of her reaction. I got out and looked at her car and didn't see any damage. She got out and asked me if I was alright, and then looked at her car and said, "I don't see any damage, but as long as you are alright, that is what is most important." Wow. I was impressed with her reaction. I, of course, was apologizing all over myself, and her only response was concern for my well being, after I hit her! She must have been a follower of Chrst!

-Paul Jr. gets his last 2 wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers.

-Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are ok after your little fender bender that would have scared me. I will be praying for your dad to get well soon. Tell Paul Jr. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at once...not fun I looked like a chipmunk for a week at least and lived off of mashed potatoes and pudding. I told dad that Zack got his first deer and he was proud of him. Have a good week!

Love,
Kelly

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Woohoo for Zack!!!
Glad you are ok from your scare yesterday and that the lady was so sweet!
Please know we are praying for your dad and Paul Jr.
Dar