Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers Day, 2007

I had a fantastic mother's day this year. Actually, my husband has always outdone himself on mothers day (with the exception of one year, but we won't talk about that because I have forgiven him!!!). When I walked out of the house to go to church yesterday morning, I was greeted with the sight of 5 beautiful hanging baskets of flowers, one from each of my children. Our porch was made for hanging baskets, and they look wonderful. I was really surprised, and I am not easily surprised!

Then after church, they all made me a delicious meal and picked up the house while I lounged in bed and played on my computer. They outdid themselves! Now, I knew they were working on something secretive, but I had a hunch it was a scrapbook (because they wanted to know where the pictures were and all the scrapbook supplies), but I played along. They handed me a large scrapbook where they had each made a page and wrote me a little note. But the best part of this scrapbook was that you could record a 20 second message for each page. My family each recorded a message to me that I will be able to play over and over. Even Samuel, who is 2, recorded a message that is so cute.

Thank you family, for a great day yesterday. I love being a mother and taking care of everyone. My husband preached an outstanding message on Proverbs 31 yesterday in church. There were a few points that were so convicting to me that I intend to work on. It's so comforting to know that even though I'm approaching 41, God is not done with me yet. Even though I've made countless mistakes, I can get up this morning and try all over again and do it right. I love the verses in Lametations 3:23- "It is because of the Lord's merices we are not conusmed; they are NEW EVERY MORNING; Great is thy faithfulness". New every morning. It's not too late to do it right and do it better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great thing your family did for you. It sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

Hello Elizabeth! I thought I'd share this really neat story with you, here is the link....First entry entitled Mothers Day...

http://overthemoonwithjoy.blogspot.com/