Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Memories of Mom



  • My mom loved to decorate, redecorate and re-redecorate our house. It was nothing for her to wallpaper an entire room, decide the next day she didn't like it, and rip it all down.


  • My mom loved to play board games, and still does. She has more games in her garage than our local Toys R Us. My children enjoy going to Grandma's house and playing one of her games. She buys them from garage sales and thrift stores, and alot of them are old.


  • I remember one time laying on the living room floor with my mom and my sister. It was near Christmas, and we had gold ball ornaments that were like mirrors. However, mom discovered that if you made faces into the ornaments, it was extremely funny. We made faces and laughed for a long time that afternoon.


  • Whenever we took a long trip (which was often), we'd start out by stopping at a deli and mom would make us all sandwiches in the front seat. It was so exciting!


  • Mom always made sure we had a pool to swim in. Summers were great at our house- long days spent outside by the pool and playing in the sun. I remember vividly she always had the oldies station on, and I know alot of the old songs to this day because of it.


  • I never remember my mom talking ugly to my dad or disrespecting him in any way. My parents NEVER yelled at each other, and if they disagreed, they did it in private. We never knew if or when they were upset with each other.


  • My mom is such a fun grandma. My children, from the oldest to the youngest, get so excited when Grandma is coming. She plays with them and makes up games for them. My older boys still talk about all the games she played with them in the pool years ago.


  • The older I get, the more I appreciate all my mother did for us. We had a great childhood with many fun memories.

Thank you mom, for all you did and for all you still do for me. You have given me a wonderful example of a loving mother and wife. I aspire to be what you are.


Happy Mother's Day!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Elizabeth for remembering just the good times. I love you!!
Mom
If there is a sacrifice to serving the Lord, it is being away from family. It is never easy.