Friday, May 18, 2007

A Camping We Will Go...


Today we leave for our churchwide camping trip. Actually, everyone else in the family is there but Sam and I. We will go when he wakes up from his nap. I've been doing some last minute cleaning and cooking and trying to remember everything. About 75 people are coming from the church and we are praying God gives us a great, fun, worshipful time.


I am not a camper. We did not camp growing up, and I think I slept in a tent 2 or 3 times before last year. Paul's family grew up camping. We tried to take a camping trip about 13 years ago in Florida, but our tent was attacked by monster racoons (no joke!), so the campground put us up in a mobile home with a/c and cable tv- my kind of camping!


2 years ago, Paul wanted to go to CT for his family reunion, but we were financially strapped. There was no way we could go if we had to stay in hotels. We have too many children for one room, so to stay, we would have to get 2 rooms every night. We couldn't do it. So, he talked me into camping. It wasn't so bad. He did everything, from setting up the tent to cooking the meals. Last summer we camped a few nights on our way to Kansas. Again, he did everything, and it was actually fun.


This time around, I have taken care of all the food and the cooking of it. He has nothing to do with it, and I think I have surprised him. I'm actually looking forward to the campout, and to having fun times with our church family.


So, I'll be back on Sunday night with a full report. Hopefully, we will all survive~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope it went well!