Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It's been a while...

It''s the morning after Christmas and I'm sitting in a messy living room, littered with the leftover trappings of Christmas.  Emma's new dishes and pots and pans are everywhere; scraps of wrapping paper seem to take up every corner and crevice;  still excited children playing with new games and toys, and one tired mama sitting in the recliner taking it all in.

It has always struck me as ironic, this day after Christmas.  What looked so pretty 12 hours ago, now looks like clutter.  The christmas music that I couldn't get enough of yesterday, doesn't quite fit today.  The excitment is gone and Christmas is over for another year.

So today we will clean and organize and put away and start to get our household back to "normal".  And there is something comforting in getting back to normal.  As a child, I didn't think so.  I hated for the Christmas season to end.  As an adult, I find I crave normal, or our version of normal.  I will be glad to take down the Christmas decorations and clean and organize.  It will be soothing to walk into a freshly cleaned and redecorated house, and soothing to know everything is back as it should be.

(I am so behind on my blog.  I have so many pics and posts.  Hopefully, in between the undecorating and cleaning I'll be able to slowly catch up the blog.)

No comments: