Thursday, December 6, 2012

Assorted thoughts and ponderings...

  • So far, December has been a blur.  It seems to happen this way every year despite my best efforts for it to be different.
  • My sister in law, Sherry, got married this past weekend.  It was simply beautiful!
  • We had our annual open house last night and spent about a week getting ready for it.  I think we need to make it a monthly occasion.  It seems this open house is the only time my house gets painted and deep cleaned.  No one agreed with me to make it a monthly occasion.
  • Paul jr. arrived home late last night for the holidays.  Both big boys will be home for a few weeks, which make the house very full, very loud and very happy.
  • I leave for a week in KS on Tuesday.  It hasn't quite sunk in that I will be spending a week alone at my parents house.  Merry Christmas to me!
  • Tomorrow Ben and I will be attending a Christmas party with his little schoolmates.  He is so excited.  I'm looking forward to spending time with him and my little students in a fun setting where I don't have to plan anything or even be in charge!!
  • Schnitzel has to have minor surgery tomorrow.  He got a scratch or bite a few weeks ago which got infected and then healed.  However, it healed without closing and he is left with a small hole in his skin.  The vet has to make a new wound and then suture it closed.  Ouch.  Thankfully, Paul found a vet who is extremely reasonable.
  • Happy Thursday!

No comments: