Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yankees Game

Paul surprised me a few months ago by telling me he had bought tickets for the Yankees/Braves game for me for our anniversary.  I was thrilled!  I have been a die-hard Yankees fan since I was a little girl and I love watching them play.  We went to quite a few games when I was a kid, but it's been a long time since I've been able to see the Yankees play live.  I think the last time was about 15 years ago in Florida, so I was thrilled when he told me.  I was also happy because, as much as I am a die- hard Yankees fan, he is NOT.  So it was kind of a sacrifice for him to buy the tickets.     The game was last night, and we went with Paul's sister Sherry, also a die-hard Yankee fan and her brand new husband, Jere, a Braves fan.

 The place was packed!  The Yankees are quite a draw and there were alot of people everywhere.  We took pictures with the Braves mascot as soon as we walked in.

 This was the first glimpse of the field.  It always brings me back, when I was a kid, and walking up the ramp in Yankee stadium.  That first glimpse was always so exciting- and it still it.
 The newlyweds.  They had been married for 12 days and I think they held hands the entire game.
 The field after it had been made ready for play.
 A kids choir sang the national anthem and did a great job.
 Play Ball!!
 The Yankees dugout.

 Me and my husband with his new "do" and my new pink Yankees shirt.
 It was a beautiful evening.  Once the sun went down, it was very comfortable with a wonderful breeze.
 7th inning stretch
 "Take me out to the ballgame..."
 It was kind of a slow game.  In the bottom of the first, the Braves scored 3 runs, and then scored another later on.  The Yankees had 4 hits until the top of the 8th and then they finally played some ball!  Bases were loaded and Alex Rodriguez was up and he hit a GRAND SLAM homerun to tie the game!  Sherry, I and about half of the crowd went WILD!  It was amazing. This pic is of ARod rounding 3rd, heading for home.  Then, a few batters later, the Yankees hit another 2 run homerun to take the lead 6-4.
 By this time, our husbands, who had been loudly cheering the Braves got quieter and quieter, and we got louder and louder.  The Yankees held on and won the game.
 After the win, the catcher congratulating the pitcher.
It was a great, fun evening and a wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary.  It was made so much better by the Yankees winning the game, but even if they would have lost, it would have been a great time.  Thanks Paul!!

No comments: