Saturday, June 9, 2012

Another Baby Quilt

 I really enjoy making baby quilts.  They go together so quickly and I love all the different color combinations that are available.
 Amanda was an 8 year old girl in my Sunday School class when I first met her.  Her family attended our church in Florida for several years until they moved away.  I didn't hear from her or even of her for many years until.....Facebook!
 We reconnected two or so years ago and I've been thrilled to see what a wonderful mommy and wife she is.  She had her fourth baby, a little girl, a few weeks ago.  When I found out she was having a girl, I knew I had to make her a quilt.
 I love the combination of pink and green.  It is an all flannel quilt, so it is very soft and perfect to let the baby lay on the floor on.  She has already posted pictures of Hannah (her baby) doing just that.
Next up?  A certain almost 2 year old spied some Dora and Elmo fabric on our last trip to the fabric store.  Her excitement led me to purchase some, and now they are calling to me to make her a new quilt. 

No comments: