Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Benjamin's Quilt

 Ben has been asking me to make him a quilt ever since Sam got his last April.  Ben specifically wanted a "Hulk" quilt.  I could not find Hulk fabric anywhere and I looked everywhere I could.
 I wanted to have his quilt ready for his birthday, so I went back to JoAnn's one last time to see what I could find.  I found the Hulk on one fabric, so I got it along with other fabrics that I knew he would enjoy and started on his quilt. (See the green Hulk in the picture below?)
 It came out cute.  Not quite what I envisioned in my head, but I was happy with it.
 I found a really cute flannel backing with different cute monsters on it.
 It even had Buzz Lightyear!
 His reaction to it at his party made the late hours I spent working on it worth it.
I hope he has many years of enjoyment using it.  Next project?  A cute baby boy quilt and then a Dora/Elmo quilt for Emma.  And Ellie hinted that I haven't made her a quilt since she was a newborn.  Hmmmm.  Maybe for her birthday next year- I don't think I can pull it off in time for this years birthday.  Or can I????

No comments: