Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another Baby Quilt

 A sweet young couple in our church were expecting their first baby back in October.  I knew I was going to make the new baby boy a quilt, but was unsure of which direction to go.  Paul reminded me that the new dad loved airplanes and was in fact, training to become a missionary pilot.
 The only fabric I could find with planes on it was at Walmart.  I looked all over Macon and this was the only airplane fabric.  The color was a bit different, so I decided to pair it with a light brown neutral and a dark brown neutral which matched the planes in the plane fabric.
 It was a good choice.  It really made the airplane fabric pop and it came out very boyish.
 The back was a coordinating fabric in the same colors.
This quilt was different from anything else I have made, but it turned out great!

No comments: