Sunday, July 8, 2007

What a day!

I woke up Ellie this morning, and the first thing I heard was, "Mom, my throat hurts". She had strep about a week and a half ago, and I just knew that's what this was. On a regular Sunday, this would have been no problem. But today, Paul, Sam, Anna, Ellie and I were leaving to spend the week at Junior Camp. We were all set to leave around 3. I wasn't sure what to do.

I got home from church around 1. I hadn't seen Zack since last night because he did not come to church with us. So I was not prepared when I saw him after church. His face was twice as bad as it was yesterday. I almost cried when I looked at him, and I knew I could not leave him.

Paul got home and I explained what was going on. He said I could stay, and we figured out that I should take Ellie to the doctor and then to camp, and then come home and make sure Zack was getting better. I didn't think the dr. could do anything more for Zack so he didn't come. I left for the dr. at 3 with Ellie, and after the dr. seeing her, diagnosing her with strep, getting her medicine and taking her to camp, I got home around 7. I had asked the dr. about Zack and he said I needed to bring him back in. So, around 7 it was back to the dr. He said it was a combination of a burn and contact dermititis and he put him on an antibiotic and steriods. After stopping for his meds and dinner, we got home around 8:30.

I am beat! I'm glad he gave him some more meds. He said his face should be almost cleared up by the end of the week. I've been to the doctor 6 times in the last week and a half, and 4 times since Thursday! I am planning on going up to camp with Sam in the morning, barring any more emergencies. I hope I don't see the inside of that dr's office for a year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope so too. I hope camp goes well.

Jamie said...

WOW! I would have FREAKED out. Hope things start to settle down and your family gets well!