Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Jackson is ONE!

 Dear Jackson,

It hardly seems possible, but today is your first birthday!  You came into this world one year ago today, July 29, 2014.  I have a hard time remembering our family when you weren't a part of it.  I have to confess.  I was not sure I wanted another baby when I found out you were coming.  You were a huge surprise to your dad and I.

But it didn't take long to get used to the idea and then I was very happy!  I'm so glad God knew we needed you, even when we didn't.
 Your first 3 months were rough for both of us.  You had digestive issues which caused stomach aches.  I felt so bad for you.  You didn't sleep well because you were in pain.  I tried everything I could think of to help you, but in the end you just needed to grow out of it.  Around 3 months, you did!  And then, you found your thumb, and you began sleeping!  And I began sleeping!  And the whole house was happy!!
 You walked before you were 10 months old and haven't slowed down yet.  You wake up each morning with a sense of adventure that continues throughout the day.  We love watching you discover new things, whether it be that you can pull the curtains down, or throw things in the toilet, or dump out the dogs water.  Fun things like that.
 You LOVE your siblings!  They enjoy entertaining you and can get you laughing uncontrollably.  Your siblings love you so much.  When I found out you were coming, one of my first concerns was for your oldest siblings.  I wanted them to enjoy you and love you as much as I did.  I needn't have been concerned.  They can't wait to get their hands on you overtime they see you.  You love them as much as they love you.
 You are showing signs of independence and sadly, of your sin nature.  It is not uncommon for you to try and bite one of your youngest siblings when you don't get what you want.  You also are trying out screaming.  I promise you, that will stop. :) These next few years, you will learn how to obey and how to submit.  It won't be easy on either of us.
 You are a good eater, usually.  You LOVE eggs and bananas and ice cream and want whatever anyone else is having.  You do not like to be left out.
Thank you for completing our family.  You are the best surprise anyone has ever received!  I love you so much!

Love, Mom

No comments: